Writing a compelling and profitable fiction or nonfiction book can be easier than you think. Long ago, you would have to sit for hours putting your ideas together: jotting down your notes, arranging and rearranging them, manually consult with thesauruses and dictionaries. Then you compose the book, get a friend to proofread it and then you send it to a publisher who may or may not accept it. With อ่านนิยาย computer technology and the Internet, writing resources are available at the push of a key, largely “automating” and speeding up your writing. And there is writing software to help you out along the way.
Publishing you book or novel is easier said than done, but you have several options available
Write Your Book
Firstly, follow these steps:
- To start to write a book or novel, begin with an idea or concept, not necessarily original but unique.
- Determine your target audience.
- An author’s mindset can be acquired. Acquire it!
- Be prepared to put in the time and effort to put your thoughts initially down on paper.
- Develop these thoughts into a working title. Select a title that will engender a desire to read the book.
- Spend the time required to convert these thoughts into a coherently structured body of material. Work the title into the book. Do not give up!
- Do a thorough proof-reading. Get a friend to help.
- Now you have a manuscript. Review it. Give it to a friend or family member to review it.
- Format and reformat the chapters.
Here are some tips to ensure your writing success:
- Avoid being wordy, that is saying the same thing in several different ways. This is painful to the reader and a guarantee that your book or novel will not be a success.
- The story-line is key. It must be of interest to the reader, not to you! Keep it flowing and I recommend that you keep paragraphs and chapters short. (The short chapters is one of the things that made reading “The Da Vinci Code” so enjoyable).
- Unless it is a real life story, do not clutter the book with too many characters. This bores and confuses the reader.
- Primarily for the fiction writer, avoid giving characters similar names. This confuses the reader.
- Your book will be attractive if it presents useful information, answers readers questions, is humorous and tells an impacting story.
- Read blogs and articles on how to write and book or novel. Check my sources below (Cut and paste into a new browser window)
Here are some traps to look for:
- Writing a book isn’t fun. It is a serious venture and involves a lot of work.
- Write to make money. If you want to write for pleasure, write a blog, poetry or short stories.
- Most people who write lose money on their project.
- The people who make the money generally are not the authors, certainly not in their lifetime.
- Getting published is easier said than done. This is perhaps the most stressful part. But with these tips, you can start to write a book or novel now!
Publish Your Book
Now that you have written your book, you need to get it published. You will be faced with three (3) options:
1. Find an Agent
An agent will do all the leg work including finding, negotiating and selecting a publisher. This would not cost you any money up-front but the agent will require to be paid an percentage of the profits of the sale of the book and/or a percentage of the royalties. Each agent will have their own rules and regulations, so be prepared to look around, evaluate and negotiate. You can start by using the search engines: search the term “literary agent”.
2. Find Your Own Publisher
You can do all the leg work yourself. This will be time consuming and would require some knowledge of the publishing process. This step is not advisable for the novice writer. However, there are many online resources that could simplify the process. Simply search “publishing houses” and you should get a sizable list, including listings that indicate whether they are accepting new manuscripts.
Note, however, that most publishing houses like to deal with professional agents. So while you will retain control of the process, you will need to commit a lot of time as well as to seek legal advice on the final publishing contract.